Friday, March 11, 2011

[jules' pics] 3/11/2011 10:37:00 PM


photo.JPG, originally uploaded by julesberry2001.

Thanks for your queries. We are not dead yet, and that was not Tokyo's expected "big one". Different fault. James is stuck in Tsukuba, his least favourite city in Japan, having trekked down the trainline. I'm in Tokyo, and had a pleasant earthquake in a very very new building, built on wheels - the building just glided and nothing even fell over. In a bizarre twist of fate we have just taken food and bedding to the UNHCR.



--
Posted By jules to jules' pics at 3/11/2011 10:37:00 PM

7 comments:

Sou said...

Thank you. Good to hear you are both safe. I am a lurker who loves your photos and learns from James and your posts - and thinking of you both while watching the awful news of the tsunami and quake.

Ian said...

Good to hear you're both well.

Anonymous said...

I checked here to see how you're doing. Glad to know you're both OK.

LH

Martin Vermeer said...

I had to check too...

Just zis Guy, you know? said...

I'm glad to hear you're OK, thanks for the update. Stay safe.

sylas said...

Thanks for the update; my heart breaks for Japan now. Was James one of those taking the long walk along raised train lines? I saw many people had to walk home long distances along train lines which were no longer used by trains.

EliRabett said...

Best wishes.