Tuesday, April 17, 2012

[jules' pics] ladybird

ladybird
Leaves are sprouting, insects are hatched (or whatever it is that they do in spring). Soon it will be too hot and mosquitoey to run to work. First S100 closeup attempt. With these little cameras you have to get awfully close to your chosen insect. Thus he or she gave me a bit of agro. Stuck her bum in my face. Flapped his wings. Flew onto my wrist behind the camera, said "lol" up at me then dodged back and strutted about on another leaf. I wish I'd had my Nikon with me - but I'd just run 10.5km so it was hardly pratical.

--
Posted By Blogger to jules' pics at 4/17/2012 10:59:00 AM

5 comments:

David B. Benson said...

Depupate?
http://www.kidfish.bc.ca/cycle.htm

William M. Connolley said...

> I'd just run 10.5km

I prefer to run whole k's, it makes adding them up easier.

James Annan said...

It's really a 1/4 marathon.

andrewt said...

I'd round up from 10.5 probably to 12 or even 15ks.

And I don't believe it gets too hot to run to work in Japan!

James Annan said...

The problem with changing the distance is that it will either not start from home, end at work, or take the most obvious route!

It's already a bit warm for those who were brought up in Scotland...you had better be careful or we might invite you here for a meeting in August and make you back up your words!