Wednesday, November 07, 2012

[jules' pics] let's technical toilet

Location - a posh French resturant in Tokyo. The toilet lid rose to greet me as I entered the bathroom. Next I noticed the unusually large array of buttons on the toilet control panel.
technical toilet controls
As I sat down I accidentally knocked the panel (Japanese bathrooms are not often large). The cover fell to reveal all the buttony options.
technical toilet controls
Luckily there was a a simplified instruction chart explaining basic usage such approaching the NEOREST, washing the rear, drying wet rear and standing up from the toilet seat.
technical toilet Instructions!
I escaped without incident, but an elderly gentlemen of our party had to request flushing assistance from the staff. Later, James reported that the lid decided to come down while he was in mid-piss. Whether the toilet was unprepared for the incredible volume of his bladder, or unable to detect him given his unusual height, I cannot say.

--
Posted By Blogger to jules' pics at 11/07/2012 05:02:00 PM

4 comments:

EliRabett said...

Eli hates toilets that are smarter than him

crf said...

Shouldn't they have rights then?
Toilets are people, my friend!

David B. Benson said...

Simplicity is its own reward.

Hank Roberts said...

> lid decided to come down

They need a fancy computer system to do this?

My maiden aunts' house accomplished the same surprise half a century ago -- they had a thick, slightly compressible fuzzy fabric cover on the lid, so it'd stand up for, oh, a minute or less before the pile stretched and pushed it away from the tank and it'd slam down.

Required standing on one foot and holding the lid back with the other knee ...