Thursday, August 25, 2005

Animal testing in medical research

I'm not a huge fan of animal testing. On the other hand, I can appreciate that it has its uses. So, although I'm all in favour of peaceful protest and even a bit of civil disobedience where appropriate, I'm disturbed to see that increasingly, de-facto policy in the UK appears to be being set by terrorists rather than reasoned debate over the ethical and practical pros and cons.

I wonder how long it will be before someone starts shooting doctors who perform abortions? Of course, the British have long preferred animals over children, so the AR movement probably has broader support than right-to-lifers :-)

3 comments:

Jon Dursi said...

"Of course, the British have long preferred animals over children..."

Having met and interacted with both animals and children, I can see their point.

Anonymous said...

not true, the British kill 2.7 million animals a year in animal expirimention

i am so smrt said...

i am reptar, hear me roar