Tuesday, June 01, 2010

[jules' pics] 5/31/2010 05:42:00 PM


Wedding Cosplay, originally uploaded by julesberry2001.

While I am sure I haven't yet achieved my aim of my photos being worth 1000 words, this one is, I hope, worth at least a few dozen.

According to Wikipedia: Cosplay (コスプレ), short for "costume play", is type of performance art in which participants don costumes and accessories to represent a specific character or idea.

[photo taken at Hachimangu, Kamakura.]



--
Posted By jules to jules' pics at 5/31/2010 05:42:00 PM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTF!?! I was at Kamakura on Saturday and saw the beginning of this very wedding.

Are you stalking me?

BTW -- as far as wedding cosplay goes, it doesn't beat the photo I've seen with the happy couple posed between Mickey and Minnie Mouse. Because that's how they roll.

jules said...

Yes, I stalk a lot of anonymous people.

OTOH it could be that Hachimangu is on the way from town to my home, so I walk through there rather often. This would seem to suggest you may have been the stalker... Anyway, how do you know it was the same event - they have a wedding cosplay there every 30 minutes at the weekend.