Wednesday, January 06, 2010

EGU Elections: Candidates for 2011-2013

I knew I hadn't been paying attention, but I have a bit of an excuse for my confusion. It turns out that there are actually two sets of elections concurrently, with the EGU also choosing their new President and General Secretary. Unfortunately in this case the candidates and their statements (but not their supporting CVs) are hidden behind my personal ballot paper key for the vote, so you'll have to take my word for it that there are only 2 candidates for Prez: Donald Bruce Dingwell (cv) and Fausto Guzzetti (cv), and just one for Gen Sec, Hans Thybo (cv).

To be honest I'm not sure that any of them are mad enough to do justice to the position, but one of them does look quite well suited. The election closes on the 10th Jan.

No comments: