Monday, June 27, 2005

Letters to climate scientists from The Committee on Energy and Commerce

The Committee on Energy and Commerce

Looks like there is a "War on Science" over in the good ol' US of A.

I hope the scientists who are being harassed in such an offensive manner stick two fingers up to Barton and co. Maybe they should take a lesson from George Galloway's recent appearance (eg see here and here).

I suspect that a witch-hunt like this could have serious repercussions for scientific research in the USA, if it is not vigorously rebuffed by the relevant authorities. Certainly it is slipping well down the list of tempting destinations for me when my time in Japan comes to an end. Not that I expect anyone to lose any sleep over my choices, but I won't be alone in my opinions.

No comments: