Monday, May 02, 2011

[jules' pics] Books


Art, originally uploaded by julesberry2001.
Since my ipod became ebook capable, books made from dead trees have started to annoy me. Like the first laptops, they are barely lug-able. I've been reading Gavin's Book, but am nowhere near as far through it as I might be, as it is not really portable. Here's the scary list that a search for "climate" gets you in the Kindle store. Which one do you recommend?


--
Posted By jules to jules' pics at 5/02/2011 04:41:00 PM

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's the scary list that a search for "climate" gets you in the Kindle store. Which one do you recommend?

Climate-related:
David Archer's carbon cycle primer
Ray Bradley and Thomas Cronin (two different books) texts on paleoclimate

Non-climate:
The Age of Wonder - Richard Holmes

bigcitylib said...

I still like the paper version. What happens when you drop your kindle while reading in the bath? Paper just gets a little wet.

William M. Connolley said...

Since I now have a Kindle... I thought it might be nice to have the IPCC report, as a ref. But I didn't see it available (let alone free).

jules said...

thingsbreak: thanks for the suggestions. Probably I need the first one in particular.

bigcitylib: My protestant work ethic prevents me from even contemplating indulgence of such unseemly behaviour as reading in the bath.

Belette: Thanks! An excellent conversation starter for when we get to meet the IPCC bods at the WCRP Open Science Conference later this year.

James Annan said...

It seems you can put pdfs on a kindle for free (and easily for a nugatory charge by emailing it somewhere). But given so many other ways of reading pdfs on an iPod there may not be much point, though would still be sensible for the IPCC to do it.

Davo said...

Definitely Love in a Cold Climate.