Thursday, October 15, 2009

[jules' pics] 10/14/2009 09:05:00 PM


Pop!, originally uploaded by julesberry2001.

I first visited Yellowstone in 1976 and again in 1978, when it was very large and I was very small, and I particularly remember visiting the Fountain Paint Pot of lovely bubbling mud both times, so I was particularly happy to return and photograph an exploding bubble.

I may blog a couple of other views of Yellowstone, but I made a collection of what I think are the best at this flickr set. If you have a few minutes to enjoy them, and are not on dial-up, I recommend viewing in slideshow mode (click "slideshow" near top right of this page).



--
Posted By jules to jules' pics at 10/14/2009 09:05:00 PM

3 comments:

Steve Reynolds said...

Great slide show. I hope you enjoyed your vacation as much as the pictures indicate.

Unknown said...

This is actually a comment to your previous post: https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=9959776&postID=2844419553892184784 ...

In Japan, development of geothermal energy is not so active as expected from the potentiality.

Recently I learned that there are two conflicts which lead to the underdevelopment. One is a conflict with nature conservation. Geothermal resources are often in the area of natural park, and the regulation there is usually against any changes to the natural condition. Another is a conflict between older and newer ways of development. The owners of hot-spring baths fear of decline of their sources.

Actually I got the informatio from a fiction, a novel called "Magma" (publisher's page of its paperback version is here: http://publications.asahi.com/ecs/detail/?item_id=9208 ) by MAYAMA Jin (author's official web site is here: http://www.mayamajin.jp/ ). It happened in August that he came to talk with me about global warming on the record for a magazine.

Though the book is just a fiction, an expert of geothermal energy assures that the factual background of the story is generally correct
( http://wwwsoc.nii.ac.jp/grsj/news/magma-book.html ).
I guess that the negative aspects of the development may be downplayed for the convenience of story, however.

Unknown said...

James, excure me for failure to make a cross-reference to your previous blog article. I meant your posting on 13 October 2009 featuring a picture at Murodo.