Tuesday, March 27, 2007

More NudeScientist oddness

I noticed recently that NudeScientist had another strange article a couple of weeks ago claiming that the IPCC report was watered down (Fred Pearce...need I say more?).

The whole piece was basically content-free innuendo, perhaps the oddest thing about it was that the "source" was someone I'd never heard of, who claimed he was an "accredited reviewer". Last time I heard a phrase like that it was some numpty septic who put "expert reviewer of IPCC" on his CV. Of course the review process is basically open to anyone who can be bothered wading through the documents (if anyone knows of someone who has actually been refused access, then I'd happily stand corrected on that point).

Checking up on the person, he seems a bit of an oddball, not that there is anything wrong with that but he's hardly an authoritative source on climate science.

Anyway, the IPCC coordinating lead authors wrote a letter to NS trashing the whole thing. I like to think that Pearce might have the capacity for embarrassment, but perhaps I'm too optimistic. After all, he has form.

5 comments:

EliRabett said...

Eli believes the correct term of art is numbnut.

Anonymous said...

I believe this marks a tippling point.

Cheers!

James Annan said...

Eli,

Numpty is a perfectly good Scots word, although your version would work too.

EliRabett said...

shall we discuss this over a tippling point?

James Annan said...

A tippling pint, please. Or three.

To be followed by a toppling pint.